42km Inline Skating – evolutions of the circuit !
After a successful 2019 edition, the organisation, in direct contact with the prefecture, the municipalities and the services of the department, made some changes to the circuit.
We tell you why!
A loop through Marsannay-la-Côte and Gevrey-Chambertin.
This 42 km loop allows skaters to make a round trip from the Allées du Parc de Dijon, without crossing each other, especially in the villages on the Route des Grands Crus. The crossing point will be advanced this year from Marsannay-la-Côte to the 7th km.
- to limit the use of the national road (RD974) and limit the impact of the race on car traffic.
- to allow the greatest number to participate by enlarging the loop and thus bringing forward the point of return (and of disqualification for le slowest skaters). That is to say, it will be necessary to be at the 7th km before 3.02 pm, i.e. 30 minutes after the start.
- to offer a checkpoint and disqualification at 3:38 pm at the 14th km in Gevrey-Chambertin with a solution of returning to Dijon on inline skating, without getting on the broom bus, via the return circuit and thus completing 28 km (at that time without classification).
Be carreful !
The very charming aspect of this new section, all surrounded by vines, should not distract you. There are a few bends, islands, a small roundabout and two sections (400m and 200m) of crumpled surface. But some sections have just been renovated with asphalt, a smooth road!
Full road book to come.
A modified passage in Vougeot.
The passage in Vougeot of the marathon will be done by an alternative road which, via the RD974, joins directly the uphill of Chambolle-Musigny without passing by the centre of Vougeot.
The benefits :
- free the start of the half-marathon (which remains the same as in 2019)
- modify and simplify the 42km passage in Vougeot.
A section of this new passage has just been asphalted. The surface is impeccable but narrower for 500m, on a false flat uphill.
Modified times of races.
You can refer to the table of the race times which includes these small modifications.
The maximum race time for the Marathon remains the same as in 2019, i.e. 3 hours.
With an earlier start time of 3.15 pm, the maximum race time for the half marathon has been extended to 2.15 hours.
You will find the road-book online in April, it will be important to get used to it!
Link to the STRAVA map : https://www.strava.com/routes/18902280